The Zucca pizza is a hit at Purezza. We’ve replaced the traditional tomato base with a butternut squash sauce, added marinated spinach, caramelised onions, and colourful radicchio rosso.
Purezza means “purity” in Italian. We’re the UK’s only vegan and plant based pizzeria and take pride our food provides maximum nutritional value and minimal environmental impact.
Not only is butternut squash delicious but has many anti-oxidants and vitamins to help promote healthy skin, good eye-sight. The nutrition in spinach plays a vital role in encouraging good bones and pumpkin seeds and pine nuts increase the good cholesterol and decrease blood pressure.
This pizza is nutritious, healthy and can be made with our gluten free base for those on a celiac diet.
Why not try this topping on your next pizza at home.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 1 gluten free pizza base
- 1/2 butternut Squash
- handful fresh baby spinach
- good glug extra virgin olive oil
- pinch fresh fresh oregano
- 5 Sicilian sundried tomatoes
- sprinkle Italian organic pine nuts
- sprinkle organic pumpkin seeds
- 4 leaves Italian fresh radicchio rosso
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- Peel and cube the butternut squash then roast in the oven at 220°C/425°F/gas mark 7 for approx. 30-40 minutes
- Meanwhile, sprinkle the brown sugar over the chopped onions in a separate dish and cook in the oven until golden (approx. 15 minutes)
- Once cooked, blend the butternut squash with a cup of still water. Add a drizzle of authentic Italian extra virgin olive oil and a pinch of salt (we love Himalayan pink unrefined salt!)
- Add the butternut squash sauce to the pizza base with a handful of fresh baby spinach, a drizzle of authentic Italian extra-virgin olive oil and a pinch of fresh oregano. Add the caramelised onions
- Put the pizza in the oven and cook for approximately 2 minutes at 260°C/500°F/gas mark 10 (or as close as possible). Cook for longer if at a lower heat
- Finish with fresh leaves of radicchio rosso, sundried tomatoes, pine nuts and pumpkin seeds
Stefania and her partner Tim are the founders of Purezza in Brigthon, the UK's only plant based pizzeria!